Monday, January 20, 2014

The Day I Gave a Good Guy a Chance


If I could go back in time and speak to my 14 year old self, I wouldn't.  Actually, I would most likely slap the rose-colored glasses off her face and tell her that, "These are the names of the boys you must stay away from!!!", because unfortunately, I've spent a major part of my life chasing after the bad boy.  Yes. SEVENTEEN years of poor decisions, endless heartbreaks and unnecessary drama, to be exact.  There is no one to blame here but myself, because I should have outgrown that phase at least 5 years ago … but really?  Who can resist spontaneity, those badass tattoos, a rap sheet and all that mystery? *swoons and drops panties*

There will come a day in your life when you will finally grow up and give a good guy a chance - when tattoos and mystery and motorcycles AND danger will no longer do it for you and that day for me was January 4, 2014.

... And while this was simply a first date with a perfect stranger, I was still able to walk away a changed person.  Who knew that in one date, I could learn some life-altering lessons?!  Regardless of what happens here, the point is that I am FINALLY traveling down the right path and I am one step closer to where I need to be.

While some of these may be the simplest of life lessons we learn at an early age, for some of us, the same mistakes have to repeat themselves until we finally get the point!  With that said ...

The day I gave a good guy a chance, was the day that I learned:
      1. We all have to grow up sometime … even at 31 =)
      2. You can’t save a bad boy and try and make him good – the damage has already been done (and they must save themselves first)
      3. Bad boys are just that … BOYS
      4. And a good family instills values and raises a MAN
      5. Chivalry still exists, even if you weren’t born in the 1950’s
      6. "Bad Boys are no good and good guys are no fun". FALSE: Not all good guys are boring - they still have a little mystery of their own and that is sexy as hell!!!
      7. A solid, deep conversation with a man can actually drive a woman wild
      8. My value and worth as a lady and human being
      9. You don't need to find the person that is better for you, you need to find the one that makes you want to become a better person.
      10.My personality is awesome and although it might scare some guys away … nope … My personality is awesome and guys that can’t handle it are just P*$$!*$.

The day I gave a good guy a chance … was the day that I was finally able to let go of my past and my life finally began falling into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment